Board 2021-2022

Board 2021-2022

President: Alejandro del valle Louw

Hey! My name is Alejandro, and I will be the president of Metis for 2021-2022. I make sure things around here run smoothly, and that every member of our incredible community has the best university experience possible. I hope to make the first years feel welcome in-and-out of Descartes hall, and be a person that any member of PPE can feel confident reaching out to, no matter the reason. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, never hesitate to contact me via: president@metisppe.nl

Contact person for the committees: CharityCo and ChessCo

IMG_4197.JPG

IMG_4215.JPG

Secretary: Linde Verhofstad

Hey! I’m Linde, and this year I am the Metis secretary. I am in charge of communication and making sure that we function well as a board. My aim is to continue Metis as a broad student association that has something to offer for everyone, no matter what their hobbies or interests are. As I am the only third year on board, I also want to ensure that third years feel included and welcome in the association. If you have any questions, you can reach me at secretary@metisppe.nl

Contact person for the committees: MusicCo and DescartesCo

Treasurer: Alberto Simarro Correa

Hello! I am Alberto Simarro Correa, the Metis Treasurer. I am a 2nd year student from Spain. During this year I will be in charge of keeping the finances in order and ensure transparency within the study association as well as providing funding to organise great activities. Outside of my role, I love sports, primarily playing basketball and running. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me at: treasurer@metisppe.nl

Contact person for the committees: CinemaCo and SportsCo

IMG_4218.JPG

IMG_4206.JPG

Co. Internal Affairs: Ravi Master

Hoi Hoi! I’m Ravi from South Africa. I am very excited to be your Internal Affairs Commissioner on the 2021-22 Metis board! My job is simple: I look after and guide all of our wonderful committees. Having spent my first year during the height of the 2020 corona crisis, I learnt first hand the importance of having a university community. It was during this time when Metis helped all of us foster a sense of community during those difficult months of lockdown. Working closely with our 15+ committees it is my personal goal and vision to strengthen and grow the Metis community!

Finally, if you ever have any questions ranging from how to join to how to establish a new committee (and anything in between), don’t hesitate to reach out to me personally or through email at internalaffairs@metisppe.nl

Contact person for the committees: ArtCo, EditorialCo and PromoCo

Co. External Affairs: Friedrich Bossert

Hey! I’m Friedrich Bossert and my role in the Metis board is External Affairs Commissioner. This means that I will maintain and expand all contacts Metis has to the outside world. I am in charge of all connections to other associations, sponsors and in general all external partners. On the other hand, my role will also entail making sure everything runs well within Metis together with the other board members. If you have any questions or ideas you would share with me, especially in the regard of external issues, please do not hesitate to contact me: externalaffairs@metisppe.nl

Contact person for the committees: SocialCo, DebateCo and CareerCo

IMG_4212.JPG

IMG_4220.JPG

Co. Educational Affairs: Matej Poloucek

Hi! I’m Matej and I’m very happy to be your Metis Commissioner of Educational Affairs. Attending a high school with more than 3000 students, I know how important it is to have a good collaboration between the university and student life. This is where I will be representing you! If there is anything that you would like to see improved or changed in the affairs between PPE and Metis, don’t hesitate to get in touch at educationalaffairs@metisppe.nl

Contact person for the committees: AcademicCo and TripsCo

IMG_4221.JPG
Metis Board 2021-2022